This Taco Casserole Recipe is loaded with all of your Mexican favorites and topped with Doritos, Fritos, or Tortilla Chips! It’s easy to assemble days ahead of time and bake later for an easy dinner!
I’ve been on a casserole kick lately, especially ones that you can make ahead of time. It’s amazing how much easier your life becomes when you do a little meal prep ahead of time.
The fact that you can assemble this up to 2 days ahead of time is really handy. And the ingredients are really easy to customize.
This recipe includes the following layers of ingredients, in order from first to last:
- Refried Beans, Sour Cream, Seasoned Ground Beef + Onions, Cheese, Black Olives, Tomatoes, Crunchy Toppings. (Tortilla Chips, Doritos, and/or Fritos.)
Additional Ingredient Options:
- Guacamole, Salsa, Black Beans, Diced Jalapenos, Bell Peppers, Corn, Cilantro.
- Seasoned & shredded chicken, beef, or pork.
- Finely sliced steak. (Sirloin, flank steak, or skirt steak is best.)
- Ground chicken or turkey.
This Taco Casserole can be made up to 2 days ahead.
- To do so, cook the ground beef and onions and layer all of the ingredients in a casserole dish.
- Let it cool and cover it. Refrigerate for up to 2 days.
- Bake, covered, in a 350° oven for 25 minutes.
- Uncover, and bake for 5 more minutes to fully melt the cheese.
- Add the tomatoes and black olives along with the crunchy toppings. Bake for 8 additional minutes.
- Add the shredded lettuce/green onions and serve.
Source : https://thecozycook.com/taco-casserole/