This vegan burrito is stuffed with brown rice, black beans, corn, vegan sour cream, and guacamole. Vegan burritos are the perfect comfort food. And they’re so easy to make! Make them for a simple weeknight dinner.
I love burritos! And I guess who doesn’t, right? They make a great weeknight dinner for the whole family and they’re packed with delicious Mexican flavors. This vegan burrito is one of my favorite recipes!
Who could say no to a delicious burrito? Definitely not me. Especially if it’s this easy to make! I love buying vegan burritos or burrito bowls, but you can also easily make them at home.
They are also super fun to make with friends. Just divide the preparation of the different ingredients for the filling between some people and you’ll be done really quickly.
What You Need For This Vegan Burrito Recipe:
The ingredient list might seem a bit long at first sight, but the recipe calls for very basic ingredients.
- soft flour tortillas (or use gluten-free ones if needed)
- canned black beans
- canned sweet corn
- smoked paprika powder
- paprika powder
- fresh lime juice
- green onions
- fresh cilantro
- vegan cheese
- vegan sour cream
- cooked brown rice
As always, you can find the full ingredient list and the recipe instructions in a separate recipe box at the end of this post.
How To Make Vegan Burritos
The recipe for these vegan burritos is pretty easy. When you have all of the ingredients ready, the putting together and rolling only takes about 10-15 minutes. And it’s super simple!
STEP 1: Drain and rinse the black beans and the corn. In a medium bowl, combine them with the paprika powder, cumin, smoked paprika powder, lime juice, salt, and pepper. Add the chopped green onions and the fresh cilantro and stir well.
STEP 2: Lay a tortilla down flat on a plate. Add some rice in the center of the tortilla. Then add some of the bean corn salad on top. Next comes some salsa, lettuce, vegan cheese, vegan sour cream, and avocado. If you want you could also sprinkle some red pepper flakes on top.
STEP 3: Fold in the sides and then roll the burrito up and wrap it in foil. Then cut it into half with a sharp knife. Enjoy!
Vegan Burrito – Recipe Notes
- If you want to make the recipe even easier, you can use store-bought guacamole and salsa for your burritos. This will make the recipe much faster.
- For a gluten-free version, make sure to use gluten-free tortillas that are made of corn flour or make your own vegan and gluten-free tortillas with chickpea flour.
- You love burritos but you want your meal to have less calories? Then try a burrito bowl instead. Just skip the tortillas (one tortilla itself has around 150 calories!) and put all of the ingredients into a big bowl. Just add a bit more of shredded lettuce and you’re good to go. We make this all the time!
- I usually make brown rice in my Instant Pot. It’s much easier and only takes about 20 minutes (set the timer to 15 minutes on manual). Then season it with salt and ground cumin. Cooked rice doubles in weight. So you need 1.5 cups uncooked rice for the 3 cups of cooked brown rice that are required for this recipe.
How to Store Vegan Burritos
This recipe will make about six large burritos. If you can’t eat that many, either scale down the recipe or just take them to work the next day. They make the perfect lunch!
Just wrap them up in aluminium foil and store them in the fridge overnight. They will still be perfect on the next day.
However, I wouldn’t store them much longer than a day as the guacamole and the rice will go bad pretty quickly.